Train your staff to recognise signs of Anaphylactic Shock
In today's society, it seems every other person has an allergy. Within Early Years settings there are often children who are allergic to more abnormal things, making it tough for staff responsible for their care to recognise signs.
As a general rule, staff will follow parents guidelines to ensure a child is not put at risk of an allergic reaction. However, it is vital for all childcare staff to be aware of what action to take should a child have an undiagnosed reaction.
The most extreme and potentially life-threatening allergic reaction is Anaphylactic Shock. Foods (such as nuts and shellfish), insect stings and medicines are all common triggers which lead to rapid chemical changes in the body. Symptoms include swelling of the mouth, face and neck, nausea, anxiety, difficulty breathing and red, blotchy, itchy skin and if not treated immediately and correctly, could be fatal.
In a short three hour course, Train Aid will teach you to identify, treat and stabilise a casualty and learn how to use an Epipen.
The crucial skills you will learn are invaluable when working within childcare.